.: J U N E 2 0 0 8 :.
. . : : m e a n w h i l e : : . .
Dear friends, family, and friends of friends,
The next bunch of mixtapes are going to take a little bit longer,
so here’s something else for your listening enjoyment in the meantime…
:: 1 ::
1. For The Wars / Clinic
2. ’93 ‘Til Infinity / Souls Of Mischief
3. The Number Song (Cut Chemist Party Mix) / DJ Shadow
4. Hum Hum / Troublemakers
5. Regiment / Brian Eno & David Byrne
6. Before We Begin / Broadcast
7. Is It Any Wonder / The Shortwave Set
8. Untitled / Neutral Milk Hotel
9. Steal My Sunshine (Album Edit) / Len
10. Moogie Wonderland / Stereolab
11. No Cars Go / The Arcade Fire
12. Neighborhood #2 (Laika) / The Arcade Fire
13. Looking For Astronauts / The National
14. When I Feel The Need (aka It’s My Baby) / Marvin Gaye
15. No One Could Love You More / Gladys Knight and the Pips
16. Mr Brightside (Thin White Duke Remix) / The Killers
17. Problem Is (Dub Mix) / Dub Pistols featuring Terry Hall
18. Avalon / Juliet
19. Tulips (Minotaur Shock Remix) / Bloc Party
Originally compiled December 2005
. . : : O T H E R S T U F F : : . .
. . : : The Waiting Room : : . .
You might have some glowing reviews of the new UK independent film “The Waiting Room”
starring Anne Marie Duff and Ralph Little. It’s a film about relationships, and love at first sight, with a twist.
Do check it out if you can, and keep your ears peeled during the “dancing-in-the-livingroom” scene,
the anthemic techno track in the background is something I put together with an old friend 🙂
. . : : The Miserable Rich : : . .
Described as “the sound of one lip kissing” on their MySpace. Very good live.
They’ll be in the next mailout, worth looking out for them at festivals and the like.
ALSO – show your support by voting them to play the Green man festival – click here!
Visit their MySpace here.
. . : : Michael Smiley : : . .
A rare live outing from the comic genius of Smiley
this Friday and Saturday at the Bedford in Balham, London.
As recommended in Time Out – click here for details.
. . : : and finally : : . .
We finish, for now, with some words from Kurt Vonnegut:
“Music makes practically everybody fonder of life than he or she would be without it”
Content delivery powered by Interoute Express
If you enjoy the music featured in these promotional mixes please
visit your local record shop or iTunes/eMusic/Beatport to download
the original tracks and support the artists and labels making it 🙂