.: IN LOVING MEMORY :.
. . : : T h e y R e m i n i s c e O v e r Y o u : : . .
Dear friends, family, and friends of friends,
To celebrate this beautiful, transient moment …. a selection of music.
:: 1 ::
1. Down By The River – Buddy Miles
2. Through Nomad Eyeballs – Rip Rig & Panic
3. Riding High – Faze-O
4. World In A Crisis – Barbara Mason
5. Day In The Blue – Jackson Sisters
6. I Need Your Lovin’ – Mary Holmes
7. Trying To Get Next To You – Arnold Blair
8. There’s A Break In The Road – Betty Harris
9. Glua Fingers (part 2) – Marcus Belgrave
10. Red Clay (original) – Freddie Hubbard
11. Pot Belly – Lou Donaldson
12. Papa Was Too – Joe Tex
13. Got to Getcha – Maceo & the King’s Men
14. 3:02 – Clutchy Hopkins
15. Preludium Cis Moll – Josef Vobruba Se Svym Orchestrem
16. Impeach The President – The Honeydrippers
17. Lowdown Popcorn – James Brown
18. Right On! – Clarence Wheeler and The Enforcers
19. Ajo – Peter King
20. It’s Your Thing – Ann Peebles
21. Bold Soul Sister – Ike & Tina Turner
22. Pull My Coat – The Eddy Jacobs Exchange
23. Funky Kingston – Toots & The Maytals
24. Here Come The Girls – Ernie K. Doe
25. Yo Yo – Richard’s People
26. Halfway Loving – Buddy Conner
27. There Was A Time – James Brown
28. Trouble Sir Joe Quartermain & Free Sou
29. Mother Popcorn (Part 2) – James Brown
30. Frontier Psychiatrist – The Avalanches
31. BBoys Revenge – Zeb Roc Ski & Def Cut
32. Ladyflash – GoTeam!
33. Equipoise – Stanley Cowell
In loving memory of Mary Lunny, who passed away in March.
An extraordinary woman, missed and remembered, rest in peace.
If you like any of this music, you really need these two websites in your life:
http://funky16corners.wordpress.com : http://fufustew.wordpress.com
You should also check out the radio stylings of Mr Fine Wine here.
Some timely words from Kurt Vonnegut, who passed away this time last year:
“No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media,
and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful.“
I hope so…. read the rest of Blues For America here, interview here, quotes here.
. . : : o t h e r s t u f f : : . .
. . : : Firstborn – When It Hits you Feel No Pain : : . .
A few years ago I made an album for Independente under the name of Firstborn.
Its one of the things I’m proudest of, and includes musical heroes and heroic friends.
Here it is: When It Hits You Feel No Pain
. . : : Hollace Metzger, artist / poet / architect / photographer : : . .
Someone who speaks from an intimate, personal perspective, but reaches out, and connects
with thousands of people through online galleries, blogs, and particularly MySpace. Fascinating.
// – long may you continue – xx
. . : : The Brian Jonestown Massacre : : . .
The MySpace blog of Anton Alfred Newcombe gets more relevant every day,
a sobering, frightening, and darkly hilarious digest of world events and great music clips.
I wish he had his own TV show, but maybe a MySpace blog can be just as powerful: click here
. . : : P R E D A : : . .
Nobel peace prize nominee Shay Cullen works with Preda.org
to help people escape from exploitation and slavery in the Philippines.
Whatever you beliefs, their work is inspiring, click here.
. . : : and finally : : . .
As we say farewell until the next time, let us consider the words of Eric Burdon and War:
“You can’t hold on to life…you can only touch it….”
Content delivery powered by Interoute Express
If you enjoy the music featured in these promotional mixes please
visit your local record shop or iTunes/eMusic to download
the original tracks and support the artists and labels making it 🙂