Creative Catalysts For Environmental Change, Oisin Lunny
It was such a privilege to chat with Marc Buckley, a brilliant man, a friend, and also a gentleman who is personally driving so much positive change in the world, and building a global community of change-makers. We spoke about how music can inspire climate action and much more. Hope you enjoy the discussion!
Oisin Lunny is my guest on Episode 113 of Inside Ideas with Marc Buckley. Oisin is an award-winning marketer, webinar and podcast host, MC, public speaker, virtual event consultant, UX business professor, and journalist. His work has been translated into Chinese and Arabic and read over half a million times as a senior contributor to Forbes, music editor at PHOENIX Magazine, and via regular contributions to The Guardian, CX Magazine, and many others. Oisin has hosted, moderated, and given keynote presentations at over 200 conferences in every corner of the world, including TEDx, MWC, and six times at SXSW, where he is now a member of the advisory board. His background is a mix of tech and music; his first band had a UK top 30 hit and supported Depeche Mode and U2 in the ‘90s, while his solo music has been featured in films like Human Traffic. He is the host of the Siemens Advanta podcast and the Audio Talks podcast by HarmanKardon and has worked in a series of leading global technology firms over the past 20 years as Global Product Manager, Country Manager, VP of Technology, Senior Market Development Manager, and Chief Evangelist. In his spare time, Oisin keeps his lifelong passion for music alive by hosting a fortnightly radio show on Slack City Radio.
Inside Ideas by One Point 5 Media & Innovators Magazine.
Please like, subscribe, and watch us on our podcast from Innovators Magazine and OnePoint5 Media. It is available on Social media, YouTube, Apple News, Medium, Goodreads, Spotify, iTunes News, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Audible, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Anchor, Player FM, Radio Public, Breaker, Castbox, Overcast, Get Podcasts, and Pocket Casts.
Systemic change is needed to move us on to the right side of history. Marc Buckley talks with the game-changers on a mission to get us there as fast as possible. Our target listeners are Global Citizens, Ecological Economists, Activists, Environmentalists, Futurists, Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Researchers, Regenerators, Community and Cultural Local Economy builders who are the kind of people who believe that learning and personal growth are lifelong pursuits using systems thinking to get all humanity living within the safe operating spaces of our planetary boundaries. Marc is an Advocate for the SDGs, member of the World Economic Forum Expert Network, and award-winning Global Food Reformist. Take a deep dive with thought leaders, Innovators, Futurists, and those solving Global Grand challenges. Listen to renowned experts share their insight on topics including sustainability, environmentalism, global food reform, SDG plan to get us to 2030, regenerative practices, systems thinking, critical thinking, sustainable innovation, new economic models, and new civilization frameworks. Sense-making dialogue with leading experts and contributors around the world.
More Links To Explore
- Inside Ideas https://www.innovatorsmag.com/inside-ideas/
- OnePoint5 Media http://onepoint5media.com/
- Sign up for our ‘Innovate Now’ newsletter to get episodes straight to your inbox: http://bit.ly/2pMbxKo
- Medium Inside Ideas https://medium.com/inside-ideas
- Goodreads Marc & Inside Ideas https://www.goodreads.com/marcearth
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Inside-Ideas…
- Anchor FM https://anchor.fm/inside-ideas
- Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/1igBKvw…
- Apple Podcasts https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast…
- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Inside…
- Amazon Music, Audible, Google Podcasts, Stitcher Podcasts
Points Discussed In The Interview
- 00:00 – Creative catalysts for environmental change
- 01:07 – Introduction of Inside Ideas guest Oisin Lunny on Episode 113 with Marc Buckley
- 03:30 – Paths crossed
- 06:25 – DJ Marc Master
- 08:25 – Marxman band
- 12:30 – How have you weathered this crazy time?
- 15:45 – Adaptability and resiliency
- 16:45 – Sinead O’Connor on the Ship Ahoy record
- 19:34 – The need for adaptability and resiliency
- 20:36 – Audio Talks podcast: https://audiotalks.podigee.io/
- 22:35 – Activism through music
- 24:28 – Arriving of social media
- 26:44 – Before this decade is out: https://beforethisdecadeisout.org/
- 28:12 – Global citizenry?
- 32:15 – DJ into space
- 37:28 – Lack of foresight
- 46:48 – Patrick Holden, Sustainable Food Trust Ep 53: https://youtu.be/7tkRXTIBoCg
- 49:08 – New civilization framework
- 53:17 – MOAB Foundation https://moabfoundation.org/
- 56:10 – Adam Curtis documentary BBC
- 58:20 – Al Gore
- 58:51 – Regenerative
- 1:04:53 – The SDGs
- 1:07:07 – WTF – What is the Future?
- 1:08:24 – Ecocide
- 1:08:50 – ESG measurement and diversity
- 1:10:58 – SDG framework
- 1:14:47 – Lynn Margulis Symbiotic Earth
- 1:18:00 – Happiness measurement
- 1:22:42 – DJ Carl Cox
- 1:25:58 – Embrace serendipity
- 1:27:27 – Eva Keretic singer-songwriter and climate activist Ep.94: https://youtu.be/jW0Z1l8ve7M
- 1:28:22 – Power through music
- 1:30:24 – Sustainable Takeaway
- 1:35:30 – What should young people in your field think about?
- 1:39:24 – What I wish I knew from the start
Photo by Simon Noh on Unsplash