#39: Diversity in the Music Industry
In this episode, we’re talking about diversity in the music industry. Our two inspiring guests, Marta Pallarès Olivares, Head of International Press & PR at Primavera Sound, and Andreea Gleeson, CEO of TuneCore & US Ambassador for KeyChange discuss how we can all support diversity. Tune in!
Research mentioned by Andreea:
- McKinsey & Company “Diversity wins: How Inclusion Matters” Report, May 19, 2020: https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/diversity-and-inclusion/diversity-wins-how-inclusion-matters
- Annenberg Inclusion Initiative Annual Report, March 8, 2021: https://annenberg.usc.edu/news/research-and-impact/annenberg-inclusion-initiatives-annual-report-popular-music-reveals-little
- Annenberg Inclusion Initiative Executive Ranks Report, June 15, 2021: https://annenberg.usc.edu/news/research-and-impact/new-report-shows-diversity-charts-not-executive-ranks-music-companies
- MIDiA “Be The Change – Women Making Music 2021”, March 25, 2021: https://www.tunecore.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2021/03/be-the-change-women-making-music.pdf
- UK Gender Pay Gap MBW article, October 5, 2021: https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/heres-what-the-three-major-music-companies-pay-women-compared-to-men-in-the-uk/
A podcast on all things audio presented to you by HARMAN and our family of audio brands including JBL, Harman Kardon and AKG. Host Oisin Lunny, music journalist and audio enthusiast, will interview expert guests, legends of the music industry, and audio scientists to discuss the power of music and audio in all its facets.
HARMAN engineers solutions to enhance life’s experiences, simplifying the way people interact with technology and connecting them to the world around them.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. Our talented workforce and innovation strength create value for our stakeholders by enabling rich experiences through the connected car, connected enterprise and connected lifestyle.
Audiophiles from every generation call on HARMAN to deliver the best in sound in the studio and on the stage, at home and on the go. HARMAN’s portfolio of legendary audio brands includes AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson®and Revel®. More than 50 million vehicles on the road today enjoy an enhanced driving experience, thanks to HARMAN audio and infotainment. We extend the same spirit of innovation to the world’s leading performance and sporting venues, providing everyone with the best seats in the house.
Seizing the rich opportunities of today’s global markets requires more than legendary sound. HARMAN has reshaped our organization and cost structure to make the Company more agile in a changing world and addressed the rising importance of highly integrated, software-rich products and services. Most importantly, our track record of innovation, which has distinguished HARMAN and its premium audio and infotainment brands for more than 60 years, continues.
Audio Talks is presented by Harman.
To view all of the Audio Talks podcast episodes click here.
For more podcasts click here.