Another killer mix from Paul Murphy
“Back in the night in the day I used to play a lot of what were then seen as straight ahead Jazz records. Before the heady 1990’s days of Acid Jazz, before the Jazz Not Jazz trips, and well before the Nu Jazz times too.
I usually played in dive bars below seedy hotels, old Victorian pubs still full of Withnail and I types, South American restaurants full of extras from Scarface and ex-strip bars. All very downbeat and sordid.
And, amazingly, people used to come down to these places and dance their asses off. Heady times!
What goes around, comes around, happily and now on my travels I’m playing these old sounds again. And people are still digging them.
You can download from here..Its a big file so its gonna take a bit of time..
Here are the tunes…
1. CANNONBALL ADDERLEY – WALK TALL
2. KING CURTIS – MEMPHIS SOUL STEW
3. JACK MACDUFF – JIVE SAMBA
4. ODELL BROWN & THE ORGANISERS – MAS QUE NADA
5. SALAH RAGEB – TRIBUTE TO SUN RA
6. ROLAND KIRK – FREAKS FOR THE FESTIVAL
7. JOE HARRIOTT – SOUTHERN EXPOSURE
8. CANNONBALL ADDERLEY – SAMBOP
9. DAVE PIKE – SANDUNGA
10. HERBIE MANN – NEW YORK IS A JUNGLE FESTIVAL
11. CHARLES EARLAND – MIGHTY BURNER”